Tales of wolves
What’s the time Mr Wolf?
Set off for a trip, following in the footprints of wolves, from the French Alps to Hudson Bay. The park is home to four packs. Meet the grey wolves of Europe, the arctic wolves and two packs of black wolves from the west of Canada.
Grey wolves of Europe: an unforgettable encounter!
Long hunted by man, wolves are now protected. A symbol of efficient teamwork, the predator is gradually becoming a part of our ecosystem once again.
• Exploration trail: Come on a wolf hunt with us! Follow the green path as it meanders through the forest and discover where the wolves hide. On the way, you can learn all about these fascinating animals thanks to our explanations and exhibitions. Be brave! We promise you will be rewarded for your courage!
• Meeting point: Slip on your wolf’s clothing: La clairière du Loup (wolf’s clearing) show explains life within a wolf pack. Learn all about the hierarchy, social life, mealtimes, howls and more.
Black wolves from west Canada: a blazing gaze!
Sainte-Croix is home to a pack of timberwolves, which also live in the well-known American park of Yellowstone. Read all about them!
• Yellowstone as if you were there: Enter the Yellowstone visitor centre, and find out how wolves were reintroduced to the legendary park. The Timberwolf will have no secrets for you!
• Original viewpoint: Our Yellowstone mine underground observation area gives a superb view of the black wolves.
Arctic wolves: strange doctors
Eskimos call the arctic wolf “the caribou doctor” because the predator selects the weakest members of the species as prey and therefore leaves the population free from disease. Other types of wolf have the same opportunistic approach, helping to maintain balance within an ecosystem.
• New viewpoint: Settle in La cabane du trappeur (trapper’s cabin) and observe our pack of arctic wolves. The visitor centre gives all the information you need to understand the trappers of North America. If all the talk of prey has made you ravenous, you can even satisfy your own hunger in the restaurant!
Come and explore the parkBuy ticket
-1€ off online